Chalice and paten. Gold with diamonds.
Valadier workshop in Rome. It belonged to Cardinal Henry, Duke
of York, the last of the Stuarts, Archpriest of St Peter's (November
14, 1751 - July 13, 1807), and was left to the Vatican Basilica
at his death on July 13, 1807.
chiseled in gold is embellished with approximately 130 diamonds.
The bottom under the base bears the English royal coat of arms
chiseled in relief. The chalice has the seal 'Valadie-Roma',
which means Luigi Valadier who ran an art studio in Rome together
with his brother Giovanni.
few of the many items on display in the Treasury Museum