Gold with diamonds. Donated by the Catholic world to Pope Pius
X in 1904.
is a valuable work of a high level goldsmith's art. It is composed
of twelve stars made up of many diamonds set on pale gold leaf.
The jewel was donated by the Catholic world to Pope Pius X on
the occasion of the fiftieth anniversary of the definition of
the dogma of the Immaculate Conception by Pope Pius IX in 1854.
few of the many items on display in the Treasury Museum